IHRAM PROHIBITIONS :
One enters ihram by making intention for Hajj or Umrah and reading Talbiyah. There are certain things and acts forbidden by the time exiting ihram. These are called ihram prohibitions.
- Applying fragrance
- Using fragrant soap
- To have a shave, cutting your moustache.
- Applying henna, nail polish or lip stick or any other product with the intention of looking attractive.
- To clip nails
- To pull or cut any hair attach to the body.
- To shave pubes.
CLOTHING PROHIBITIONS (for men)
- Not to wear a skullcap or a turban
- Not to wear stitched clothes such as trousers, shirts etc.
- Not to wear socks , gloves or footwear that conceals the heels and the top of the feet
- Not to have sexual intercourse
- Not to kiss or act in a flirtatious way.
- To act in a way that can lead to sexual interactions.
PROHIBITIONS OF ACTIONS TO ONE AND ANOTHER
- To fight or argue
- To be in interaction and competition
- To use inappropriate language , insult others and hurt others feelings.